As a US citizen in Bangladesh, Bangladesh Passport Renewal in USA embassy in Dhaka is not a difficult task. Also, you can do the process by mail. Their error-free and affordable service is the perfect process for your passport renewal.
The team is ready to verify you comply with the US Government guidelines before sending the application. Continue reading, to learn the details about Bangladesh Passport Renewal in USA.
The best part is that you can start the passport renewal through an online procedure! Before you submit an application to the authority make sure you have the certificate of Covid-19 vaccinated from Surokkha Gov BD. Let us support you with passport renewal in Bangladesh.
10 Steps of Completing Bangladesh Passport Renewal in USA
- Download the Form: Click here to download
- Fill out the form
- Add one copy of the recent photograph (size 55x45mm) [Comment: size is approximate, no attestation needed even though mentioned in form]
- Add a Photocopy of the current passport page with your picture
- Add a Photocopy of the current passport page with your Visa
- Add I-20 if you are a student.
- Add Money Order: US$ 110 (for Ordinary Delivery) / US$ 220 (for express delivery) . Pay To: Embassy of Bangladesh In the money order, you can put memo: For Passport renewal ( your passport number)
- Put all the items (1-7) inside an envelope (envelope A), and add a shipping label with a tracking number.
- Buy one more self-addressed prepaid envelope for return mail service preferably USPS Certified with a tracking number (envelop B). To address should be your address
- Put envelop B inside Envelop A
- If possible add a letter explaining why you are not sending your original passport,
- Your package is ready to go
- Sent the package to the following address
After that goto, the USPS passport center put your tracking number (both Envelop A and Envelop B) then click the search icon. then put your phone number to get a notification of your delivery. After that, you will get a notification of delivery.
After delivery of yours, Envelop wait. If there is any problem with your package you will get a call from the Movement Pass Police Gov BD. You can save this number.
Bangladesh Embassy Passport Renewal Status
You can’t track it online. The best way to know your passport renewal status is to call the embassy. Most of the time they will not receive it. But don’t worry if there is anything missing they will call you.
Bangladeshi Passport Renewal for everyone
Fill up the MRP-Reissue form here
- (a) One copy of the recent photograph (size 55x45mm) [Comment: size is approximate, no attestation needed even though mentioned in form]
- (b) Photocopy of the current passport with original; [Comment: Just the page with your picture, can include visa page also. NO NEED TO SEND THE ORIGINAL PASSPORT!!!
- (c) Photocopy of 17-digit Birth Certificate or National ID Card (which was mentioned in your previous MRP);
- (d) A money order/bank draft of US$ 110 (for Ordinary Delivery) / US$ 220 (for Express Delivery) addressed to the ‘Embassy of Bangladesh’; [Comment: Western Union money order can be done from Kroger. Ordinary delivery takes about 30 days]
- (e) Proof of Occupation (if the applicant is an Engineer, Physician, Researcher, Teacher, Student, Driver, or any special occupation). For Private Service, no proof of occupation is required; [Comment: For students, a copy of the offer letter can be provided]
- (f) Copy of Marriage Certificate (if the applicant is married);
- (g) Proof of non-US citizen or any foreign national (Photocopy of Green Card/Permanent
Resident Card or Work Permit or I-20 etc). [Comment: Provide a copy of I-20] Mailing: A self-addressed prepaid envelope for return mail service preferably USPS Certified with tracking number /Express Mail Flat Rate (from US Post Office) / UPS or FedEx Prepaid label by the applicant.
USPS will give you two envelopes, put your documents inside one, and write the recipient address as the Embassy of Bangladesh. For the other one write your own address as the recipient’s address and fold it and put it inside the other one along with the documentsComment
The Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington, DC3510 International Drive NWWashington, DC 20008USA Tracking: No use calling the embassy. They never pick up the phone. (If they do, you’re lucky. Buy a lottery ticket). Another way to track is the USPS tracking number. Sometimes the Embassy stays closed during Bangladeshi holidays such as Durga puja etc. USPS will fail to deliver, you’ll have to tell them to re-delivery.
This can be easily done online. But keep tracking for updates. Then there is a Western Union money order hotline number where you’ll be able to know whether your money order has been cashed or not. If so, you can be sure that you’re papers are ok and the process has started. Start counting 30 days from then. Sometimes it won’t take that long even for ordinary delivery.
Source: Higher StudyBroad Global Hub of Bangladesh
FAQs – Renew Bangladesh Passport in USA
Where can I renew my Bangladeshi passport in USA?
Embassy of Bangladesh
3510 International Dr. NW
Washington, DC 20008
How much will cost/ Bangladesh passport renewal fee in the USA
US$ 110 (for Ordinary Delivery)
US$ 220 (for ExpressDelivery}
How to Renew Bangladesh Passport in USA 2022?
1. Complete the DS-82 form in hard copy. Take your current passport and passport photos.
2. Schedule an appointment or send all the documentation by mail.
3. Wait around two weeks for your new passport to arrive.
Can I renew my Bangladeshi passport online?
Sadly, you cannot. You can only get the passport renewal in Bangladesh by appointment at the US embassy or by sending your documents by mail.
How long does it take to renew a Bangladeshi passport?
The passport renewal process usually takes 10 weeks. Nevertheless, if you use the expedited service, you will only need 4 to 6 weeks. For this procedure, you must pay an extra USD 60.